h e l l w e e k . c o m Home Blog We have thoroughly researched the central and southern portions of Florida to be able to provide you with hundreds of miles of scenic yet safe cycling. In spite of Florida being a big tourist destination during the winter months, there are still many roads that beckon cyclists--roads that are not known by vacationers, and often even unknown by the locals.
It is on these roads that we spend the majority of our time. We also spend over 65 miles on several of Florida's well-maintained paved bike paths. You will be surprised at the beauty of Florida, out of breath with the optional climb up Sugarloaf Mountain, and impressed by the quality of country roads. You'll savor the scent of fresh strawberries growing in the middle of winter, and the inescapable aroma of citrus. The relatively low humidity of Florida winters, coupled with mild temperatures, make Florida an ideal place to cycle mid-winter.
The new route is roughly 800 miles in 8 days, and is as follows:
- Day 1 (28 Dec): Clermont to Bartow
- Day 2 (29 Dec): Bartow to Lake Placid area
- Day 3 (30 Dec): Lake Placid to Clewiston
- Day 4 (31 Dec): Clewiston to Avon Park
- Day 5 (01 Jan): Avon Park layover--50/100/125
- Day 6 (02 Jan): Avon Park to Plant City
- Day 7 (03 Jan): Plant City to Brooksville
- Day 8 (04 Jan): Brooksville to Clermont
© Ultra Sports Marketing. All rights reserved.