h e l l w e e k . c o m Home Suffice it to say, we will see it all! Starting in the desert city of El Paso, we will traverse the northern reaches of the Chihuahuan Desert, quickly cross the "Texas Divide," and then cruise "downhill" all the way to Shreveport.
Of course, it won't be quite that easy, but it will be a net descent headed east.
We'll proceed from desert vegetation to the dry grassland prairies, which will eventually give way to piney woods. As we roll eastward, the humidity will gradually increase. Yes, it will be hot in July, but we'll be leaving each day at the break of dawn. With daily mileages averaging 100 miles, experienced cyclists should have no problem finishing each day's route with little problem.
Our tentative itinerary is as follows:
- 30th June: Arrive El Paso
- 01 July: El Paso to Van Horn
- 02 July: Van Horn to Monahans
- 03 July: Monahans to Big Spring
- 04 July: Big Spring to Abilene
- 05 July: Abilene to Stephenville
- 06 July: Stephenville to Hillsboro
- 07 July: Hillsboro to Tyler
- 08 July: Tyler to Shreveport
Total mileage for the adventure is a little over 800 miles.
© Ultra Sports Marketing. All rights reserved.